PodCamp Legal StuffSeptember 24, 2006
Mark Blevis pointed out in the Podcasting User Magazine article that PodCamp does need to make explicit its legal status. It’s a very good and important point, so here’s the legal announcement.
Brand, Name, and Marks
The PodCamp name and all associated marks are protected by US and International Copyright under the Berne Convention. The PodCamp name and all associated marks are owned by Chris Brogan and Christopher S. Penn as founders of PodCamp.
Licensing and Liability
- PodCamps may not charge admission to individual attendees except to defer cost of venue rental.
- PodCamps must disclose their ledgers and financial statements in full, with the exception of donors and sponsors who request anonymity.
- PodCamps may not sublicense the brand for commercial purposes except with prior written permission.
- PodCamps must release content generated at PodCamps under a Creative Commons license.
- Even though an event may use the PodCamp name and brand, event organizers are liable for any legal repercussions of their events. By licensing the PodCamp name, event organizers indemnify and hold harmless the PodCamp copyright holders of all liability.
For all other uses of the PodCamp name and brand, the copyright holders grant usage rights under the Creative Commons By Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-Alike license.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 License.
The PodCamp name, brand, and all associated marks.
Christopher S. Penn
Chris Brogan and Christopher S. Penn