PodCamp MetricsSeptember 15, 2006
In the interests of continuing full disclosure, here are some metrics about PodCamp.
- Scope: 346 registered attendees; originally planned for 215.
- Initial projected need: $5,000
- Actual need: $10,420
- Actual raised: $15,614
- Peak website traffic: 18,000 unique visitors in 24 hours
- Web site traffic over last 14 days: 88,559 unique visitors
- Number of blog posts: 932 via technorati, 1,101 via Google Blogsearch
- Number of photos: 693 on Flickr under tag podcamp, additional under podcamp+boston
For our generous sponsors, we want to emphasize that in addition to building goodwill and building brand association, we were actually able to deliver $886 worth of sponsorship exposure at the industry standard $10/CPM. It’s vitally important that everyone at PodCamp had a good time, but secondarily, it’s nice to be able to show sponsors that they weren’t just flinging hard-earned dollars into a big black hole.
Christopher Penn, Organizer & Co-Founder